Many years ago, my sweet husband got me a gorgeous piano bench for Christmas! It was a total surprise, and I love it. A few short months later, Annie (still a little puppy then) chewed two corners off of it. It looks terrible and has bothered us ever since. Aunt Nancy took one look at it and knew we had to recover it. So that was today's project!
We started by taking the top off and removing some staples. It all came apart fairly easily, so we headed off to Joann Fabrics for some material.
Of course we had to stop by and visit 5 day old Benson, first baby of Drew's cousin Erin and her hubby Matt! He's the most precious little 5 lb. peanut you've ever seen!
Then we had to stop by Starbucks to get our free "petite treat" and a coffee. I had a birthday cake pop- super cute but very rich. I even saved half for Drew! (I found out later that they are made by mixing cake pieces with icing and then shaping it into a ball. Mixing in the icing sure made the cake rich, heavy, and thick! I think I need to make these for a party sometime, they are just so darn cute!)
Ok, back to work. We added a layer of batting to make it more plush and to cover over the button spots, plus a little extra on the dog eaten corners! I think I need to do some hand workouts, that stapler was sooooo hard to squeeze!
Nancy was amazing at those hard corners! I'm so impressed!
Drew helped me screw it back together.
And here it is! I LOVE IT! The material is perfect and goes so well with the wood. I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out.
Molly wanted to model in this shot. It's a little dark, hope you can see the finished product well!
We started by taking the top off and removing some staples. It all came apart fairly easily, so we headed off to Joann Fabrics for some material.
Of course we had to stop by and visit 5 day old Benson, first baby of Drew's cousin Erin and her hubby Matt! He's the most precious little 5 lb. peanut you've ever seen!
Then we had to stop by Starbucks to get our free "petite treat" and a coffee. I had a birthday cake pop- super cute but very rich. I even saved half for Drew! (I found out later that they are made by mixing cake pieces with icing and then shaping it into a ball. Mixing in the icing sure made the cake rich, heavy, and thick! I think I need to make these for a party sometime, they are just so darn cute!)
Ok, back to work. We added a layer of batting to make it more plush and to cover over the button spots, plus a little extra on the dog eaten corners! I think I need to do some hand workouts, that stapler was sooooo hard to squeeze!
Nancy was amazing at those hard corners! I'm so impressed!
Drew helped me screw it back together.
And here it is! I LOVE IT! The material is perfect and goes so well with the wood. I couldn't be more happy with how it turned out.
Molly wanted to model in this shot. It's a little dark, hope you can see the finished product well!
3 comments:
Oh, I love it! :)
Wow! That looks great! Good job all of you!
SO cute!! I love the fabric. We have been busy beavers around here as well, but I keep forgetting to take pictures, oh well!
love to you!
Post a Comment