Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bedroom Remodel

I finally decided to work on our bedroom.

I painted it about 6 years ago, but honestly, I didn't do a very nice painting job!
1. I was running out of paint, so I didn't do two coats which it really needed.
2. It was a custom color that Lowe's wouldn't have been able to recreate perfectly.
3. I didn't bother to take off the boarder before I painted.
4. You could tell I didn't take off the borner, so I created my own little border. (see pics below)

Here are my before pictures: The room actually looks much better in the pictures than it does in person! After taking these pictures I thought you all are going to wonder why I'm actually redecorating, it doesn't look too bad! Please overlook the very dusty dresser. Yep, that's how I dust... without moving anything. (Sometimes I really do dust correctly, Mom, don't worry!)

I pulled off a piece of old border just to see if it would come off easily. I'm not sure Drew realized I was serious about redecorating until he saw that I actually was peeling it off!

Just so you can see that we really did need to do this project... here is our old carpet. It has been covered with a large rug for years. The rug didn't totally cover all of the ancient rust shag carpet though.

And check out the nice crack that was spreading across the ceiling! Also notice my attempt at creating a little border when I painted the green without removing the old wallpaper border. I drew a little white line along the bottom and stamped white leaves on it.

Here is the wallpaper border that I painted over and now had to peel off. It nicely matched the navy and gold walls when we bought the house!


After peeling off all of that, I found this underneath! Someone, sometime, had stenciled some purple flowers and white sponged stuff along the top.

Drew was thrilled to be helping scrape off the wallpaper! Thanks for helping, honey!

No comments: