Here is the recipe for the BEST BEST BEST rice krispie treats ever! They don't really taste at all like the plain, regular treats. We LOVE peanut butter, so we love these!
Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large bowl.
Add 40 large marshmallows and 1/2 cup peanut butter.
Melt in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
Stir in 6 cups rice krispies.
Spead in a 9x13 pan.
Melt together 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup butterscotch chips, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
Spread over the top of the rice krispies.
Refrigerate until hard on top.
After eating this version, I don't even care to have the plain ones anymore! Hope you love them as much as we do! I do feel like being a little selfish with the recipe though because this is one of the things that people want me to make them when they come visit! But it's too good not to share! Drew and I can eat a pan in a few days! I don't make them very often because we eat them non-stop for a couple days! The box of rice krispies is enough to make two batches though, so we are on our second pan in a month! YUM-O!
To Samuel on His 17th Birthday
1 month ago
3 comments:
Mmmm-mmm. Think I'll hit the grocery store for some butterscotch chips on the way home from tee ball. They sound so yummy!
Sounds good, but I don't think any rice crispy treat can match up to a good peanut butter oatmeal cookie, even if it does have peanut butter in it. Don't you agree?
i think that might have to be the next batch of cookies i make! those sound so yummy too!
Post a Comment