Sunday, July 20, 2008

Got the exhaust done on the bronco!

This is Drew and this is my first post to the blog, so let's see how it goes. Here is the exhaust that I built from scratch for the bronco over this past week. Above is a picture of it all welded together and painted laying on my workbench. Next are a few of it in place.

Here is a picture of my custom windshield mounted mirror brackets. The mirrors mount on the windshield like a jeep so that I can take the doors off and still have mirrors. I seem to need to build custom brackets a lot so it's really nice having a welder at home. Also, here is a picture showing the whole Bronco with the mirrors installed and the cap on too.
Now all I need to do to finish it up is finish fixing the windshield wipers, get the bumpers powder coated, restore the cap, install the roll cage and seat belts and I'll finally be done!

3 comments:

Joann said...

Way to go Drew! You really got a lot done this last week. Did you have any big problems from what you had laid out while I was there? It looks like it fit well.

Have you started the engine up to see how it sounds? That will be exciting when you do and will allow some work that neighbors would not have liked with open headers!

I am proud of you!

Dad Gimple

Drew and Carrie said...

Thanks for the help and the encouragement! No problems. I haven't started it yet. I have a lot of wires to hook up before I fire it up again.

Keturah said...

Wow Drew I didn't know you were so close to being done! Great work!! What's a cap?