Friday, May 2, 2008

May Day

so i guess people up north don't know about may day? i'm not sure if may day is a regional thing or what! i put flowers with a "happy may day" note at all of my teachers' doors at school early thursday morning, and no one knew what it was for. and they all figured out it was me and thanked me for them, which is ok, but it's supposed to be anonymous! so here's my question... how many of the few people who are reading this know about may day?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love May Day! As a child I always took flowers to all my neighbors and put them on their doorstep, rang the doorbell, and ran before they saw me! This year I just took some flowers to a friend.

Anonymous said...

I do! But of course, I grew up about 10 minutes from you. :-) No one seems to do it here (LA) either.

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

I remember picking lilacs with Grandma Evelyn for May Day. Other than that, I don't remember doing much as a kid. My kids always make something at school - a little basket or some construction paper flowers for them to give away.

believe_in_magic said...

I have no idea what May Day is. It was on my boss's calendar on the 1st, but other than that I'm clueless!