Last weekend I was in New York City! Drew's aunt and my good friend, Alicea, had a birthday last Saturday, and she wanted to take a vacation together to NYC. We had been planning it for months. We flew in Thursday, met at the airport, grabbed a Starbucks, and headed to Manhattan. We stayed in a nice hotel on 32nd and Broadway, right on the edge of Little Korea. We had lots of good food (a NY hotdog with onions and mustard almost every day!), saw all the tourist sites, saw a Broadway show, and had a wonderful time together! We flew back home on Monday. Here are just a few of the pics from our weekend.
Alicea and I in in front of Central Park.
The view from the Empire State Buildling, looking south toward Wall Street.
Obviously, the Statue of Liberty. We took the ferry to Liberty Island and Ellis Island.We saw the Broadway show Legally Blonde, it was fabulous!
Ground Zero, it was a little disappointing, it was just a construction site hole in the ground. There wasn't any type of memorial at all.
3 comments:
Yay! Great pictures; thanks for sharing with us. There's nothing like a "girls' weekend" once in awhile. Glad you got to do this once-in-a-lifetime trip!
So I'm really glad I heard the rest of the story before seeing your pictures. It was like reading the book first and then watching the movie. Or wait, that's usually not good. Okay, anyway, it was fun to see your story come to life, that's what I mean! Love you sis! Now Boston's next, right? We have good pizza too! (And free lodging!)
Post a Comment