I know we said that we are siding our house, but it's much much more. The plan was to put up new siding. We realized that while we did siding it would be best to do some other needed things too, so now the project is...
New vinyl siding- clay color
New front porch roof- reframe with a new pitch
11 new windows
One new chimney
New shingles on half the house- we did the other half a few years ago
New living room ceiling fan- because it needed rewired while we were doing the roof
Here is the before...
Old cedar shingle siding is almost all off.
Insulation is up.
Yes, I have been actually helping a lot. I have the sore muscles, bruises and cuts to prove it! I'm tearing out the ceiling of the front porch here.
It was pretty cool to have no roof and see the trees and sky!
New living room window going in... thanks Uncle Brad for helping.
Current state... over half of the siding is up! You can also see the new front porch roof here.
I didn't get a picture but the back roof has 3 layers of shingles all torn off- Thanks a ton to Uncle Shaun, cousin Ryan, friend Joe, and neighbor Andy! We couldn't have done it without you! Half of the roof has been reshingled, the other half we will finish after Drew builds the new chimney. I installed most of the new ceiling fan in the living room myself! The dumpsters are even gone now.
We still have a lot left to do though!
3 comments:
Wow! What an extreme makeover! I can't wait to see it in September. Proud of the two of you for all the work you're doing to really upgrade the home!
It looks awesome guys!! Good job! Love to you both!
oh carrie! it looks AMAZING!!! i'm soooo impressed!!!!
Post a Comment