Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dad, Justin and Drew's camping trip

This weekend Dad, Justin and I went camping in West Virginia. We all pulled in Friday night after wandering around the backroads of the Monongahela National Forest lost for a while. We found lots of firewood so we had a great fire both nights. When we finally went to bed Friday night after midnight it was 27 degrees but we stayed toasty warm in our sleeping bags in the camper. The weather was beautiful all weekend and it was really good to hang out with the boys. It would have been nice if Jeff could have gone with us. Carrie and the dogs missed me and were all happy to see me pull in to the driveway tonight. Oh yeah, we saw a bear cub Friday night, and Saturday night a few deer wandered by the campsite.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Drew,
Good work at getting these photos on your site so quickly--they are fine reminders of the great time I had with you guys this weekend. Thank you for honoring me with your company--you and Justin (and Jeff & Martha) are truly God's richest gifts to me.

Love,
Dad

Unknown said...

Drew,

I know that being green is a trendy, popular thing to do, but the green I'm feeling is not environmental related...I'm so happy for the great time you guys had--God is helping me to not be green with envy.
I want to go camping too!!!

Love,
Mom

believe_in_magic said...

Awesome pictures! We sure wish Sam could have gone.