I actually have time at school to write today- that shouldn't happen! I have a class of six students right now, and that's actually two classes combined into one. Normally I would be teaching Algebra to eleven students during this period, and another teacher would be teaching Physical Science to a class of eight right now. How do I then have a combined total of six you might wonder? Because half our school is out sick! Seriously... over half. Students started getting sick early in the week, more and more stayed home as the week went on, and we are down to 13 of 40 high school students here today. We are cleaning the school all the time, sanitizing everything many times a day, squirting sanitizer on kids hands a lot, trying to keep
IT from spreading. What is
IT you might wonder? Some have colds, some have fevers, all that went to their doctors have been tested for the N1H1 flu. We just got a call from a parent Thursday that a child does have
IT. I wonder how many others have
IT too. We also are the first school in Erie to have a confirmed case of N1H1, lucky us. There was a whole front page article in yesterday's paper about CCDS having a flu epidemic scare. Gotta love the media, thanks for the publicity, just what we needed.
3 comments:
Ugh. Hope you stay healthy, Carrie!
Have a clean and restful weekend; glad Monday's a day off for your school, too!
No fun!! Bet you are washing your hands every few minutes!! Hang in there, hope you guys don't get it.
lovins!
Post a Comment