We had a WONDERFUL time in Portland visiting our friends Dan, Keturah, and daughter Evalanea! Tura and Evalanea met me at the airport Friday moning. We ate lunch at a restaurant on the riverfront, more like, in the river. It was on a boat dock out in the water! I had amazing salmon and the best parmesean garlic mashed potatoes ever! Even the veggies were good! Drew drove from Seattle Friday evening, after he had finished up some work things. Going to bed a 11:30 Portland time was very hard for me! That's 2:30 to my body! The time change made everything weird! Saturday we played a lot with Evalanea. I had to put a little video here just so you can see how CUTE she is! She has the prettiest eyes and smile!

It was raining most of Saturday, so we saved our outdoor activites for Sunday. It did clear off in the evening, and we all went to a local restaurant/garden/hotel/golf course for dinner. This picture was taken the gardens before dinner. The tree made a little cave out of its branches, very cool!

Dan and Evanalea

Tura and I were roommates in college.

Sunday's weather was gorgeous! We went to the Rose Gardens in Portland. There were TONS of people because it was the weekend of the Rose Festival. Somehow we found a parking spot and walked around looking at all the beautiful roses.

Evalanea just had to wear Tura's sunglasses!

After the gardens, we went to a Thai restaurant, Drew and I had never had Thai food before. It was so yummy! I did better with chopsticks than I thought I would! I think Evalanea had more food on her and her highchair than she got in her mouth! The picture doesn't show just how much food she had around her!

Also on Sunday, we went hiking to many different waterfalls. The whole area was so beautiful!

Multnomah Falls

Dan hiked with Evalanea in the backpack- she loved it! Aren't they a cute family! We had a great time with them and can't wait to see them again someday!
3 comments:
Wow! Incredible pictures! There's no way we'll live up to that in Boston - we don't have a little cutie to capture your attention! :) Thanks for sharing about your time in words and pictures!
I am so glad you came so see us. We LOVED having you. Thanks for sharing our world!
Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! What fun for you to be able to visit them, I'm jealous!!!
You guys just look so great with all these kids you are visiting!;)
Love you!
Post a Comment