Friday, June 20, 2008

'Tis the season...

for picking strawberries! I picked 8 quarts today. There is nothing like a warm from the sun, wet from the morning dew, freshly picked strawberry in your mouth! That's how picking works- a few in the basket, a few in the mouth! Yummy! I froze most of them this afternoon. We did have strawberry shortcake for dessert tonight- it was the best! I love this season!

In other news, I saw that Jennifer added a live blog update to her blog. How cool is that! So I added it too, now I don't have to go visit everyone's blog all the time, I can just check the list! That is so handy!

4 comments:

Kim for the Kings said...

You can also set up blogreaders that show new posts for all your blogs. I use GoogleReader and have it set up on my Google homepage. I can read the new posts in GoogleReader or click to go to the blog's page... Just another option. ;) FYI, I'm jealous of your fresh strawberries!!!

Joann said...

I'm thinking that your live blog update is a way of shaming me into getting something new on my blog! Thanks a lot for pointing out it's been four weeks!

Angela said...

That sounds so fun to pick berries! I'd love to do that. I was just reading through your 101 things. That must have taken a long time to write. I didn't know you worked at Pine Cove so many summers. I miss it. We both need to take our families there some day!

The Wells Family-Jason, Gwen, Paige, and Lane said...

Yummm! I can almost taste the fresh strawberries!

Okay, Aunt Jo, I feel ashamed, also. I have been quite the slacker about blogging. No excuses here, just plain L-A-Z-Y!