Friday, April 4, 2008

Old Couch Issues

We tried and tried to get our old couch down into the basement for the dogs to sleep on, since they seem to love it so much. It just didn't fit! We tried to think of ways that we could carefully cut a few of the boards in the couch in order to squeeze it down the stairs. It seemed like nothing was going to work. Wednesday, I got home from church about 9:00. This is what I saw when I walked in the door.
Drew's dad had suggested cutting out the middle, make it into a love seat size. Walking in on this mess, I didn't think it was going to work! I could barely tell that there was any good parts left! We talk the two ends of the couch to the basement, and Drew managed to put it back together! Our full sized couch is now a basement loveseat! Crazy! The dogs love it! It is sturdy enough for both of them, but I'm not sure about adults sitting on it!

2 comments:

Nate and Katie said...

That is hilarious!! Gotta love those fix it minds of our husbands! It actually looks really good!

Jennifer @ Diving In said...

That is so totally something we would do! We need a shot of your girls sleeping on it though ;)