This afternoon I came back to my office after a small meeting with our school director to find three of my seniors at my desk. (guess I need to lock my door more often!) They were waiting to tell me all about their ideas for a senior trip. They must have been bored while waiting on me because they put post-it notes all over! They wrote small notes on each one and lined them on my shelf (see pic). The notes say things like "We will miss you Mrs. Shaffer" and "Don't let the memories fade" and "Smile... your 2008 Seniors love you!" It is so cute and encouraging! I don't want to take them down. Well, one of my teachers just came in to tell me something and was shocked at my to-do list of post-its on my shelf! She laughed when I told her what they were, not notes to remind myself of things to do!
3 comments:
That's so cool, Carebear!
What a very special mission field you have there, Carrie! You're a woman of influence in the lives of these young men and women...someone they'll remember for a long time. I'm proud of you!
It sounds like your students really love and respect you. You must be doing something right, besides just shoveling snow!
Post a Comment