Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bob the Builder

Really, it's Carrie the Builder, but that doesn't sound as cool...
how about Carrie the Carpenter?
Tuesday I put together a cheap 4 drawer dresser for school uniforms. Sometimes it's nice to do something out of the norm, so instead of having our wonderful maintenance man do it, I borrowed his screwdriver and did it myself! (I should have also borrowed a hammer, but I just ended up using a marble paper weight to nail the back on!) Every minute that I was in my office that day, I was on the floor with my shoes off working on the dresser. It did take me ALL day because I'm not in my office much! The staff and students got a kick out of it, I think! They would stand at my window and wave, point of my bare feet and laugh... I guess I'm amusing! I did get called Bob the Builder at least 5 times. A few people said I was crazy and how much they hate putting together stuff like that, but I actually enjoyed it! I felt like I had really accomplished something at the end of the day. Maybe I should take up a side job- professional cheap Wal-mart furniture installer!

1 comment:

Nate and Katie said...

you are so cute!! I love it!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! love you!