Friday, October 29, 2010

In Memory of Grandma Learn

Grandma Learn loved to do latch hooks, and she had LOTS of leftover latch hook yarn from all the beautiful projects she worked on. CCDS was blessed to receive her extras, and our very creative art teacher is using the yarn in class projects. The high school Textiles class did latch hook projects that they turned into small pillows.

The 1st-2nd graders used the yarn as hair on hand puppets! They were super excited to use the yarn for hair, whiskers, mustaches, and whatever else their cute little minds envisioned!
I made sure that all of the students knew that the supplies came from Grandma Learn, how special of a woman she was, and that she enjoyed making projects too!
(These pictures were taken on my new HTC Evo, WOW for quality cell phone pics!)

2 comments:

Mj. said...

How awesome! Those pillows are really cool. I never thought the Looney Tunes rugs throughout Grandma's house were so great, but she really knew a lot of cool arts/crafts methods. I wish I could tat or hook rugs like she did.

Joann said...

What a precious tribute to Grandma Learn!